Monday, February 15, 2010

Can U Get In The Army With A Lazy Eye Can I Join The Army Or Marine Corps And Be In Infantry Or Special Forces If I Have Amblyopia Aka Lazy Eye ?

Can i Join the Army or Marine Corps and be in infantry or special forces if i have amblyopia aka lazy eye ? - can u get in the army with a lazy eye

My eyes can not have problems with depth perception, and not to their sensitivity to light, I do not see double. This day it is for my vision to 20/70 to get the evil eye. My other eye is perfect. Shooting is not a problem because I draw from my left hand and his left eye is my good eye.

3 comments:

All or Nothing said...

Yes and no.

I have the same problem. I appeal to 18 years in my view, was disqualified. I was 20/20 left eye and 20/200 in my right ions. The optomotrist said it was a nerve problem and can not be corrected, but it matures with age and improved but not perfect. 4 years later, in the 22nd and will soon be in force. My good eye matured and is now 15/20 and my bad eye was above average 20/40 or 50th

Both numbers are good enough to join the Army or Marine Corps. However, May with the Marines, we can not drivers / Gunners (tanks, including, lav, Bradley P, S, etc. .., or drivers. Not qualify) for the special service forces. We need all these accuracyof 20/20 Vision.

And I also run with my good eye. I am the right hand, Wi --or my right eye, the bad, and I shoot left-handed.

Requirements The following is the spectacle eye for military service. As you can see, because we have 20/20 in 1 eye, were allowed up to 20/400 in the bad eye. (unless you ask OCS / ROTC)

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningth ...

Good luck

Justin Credible said...

Hmm, I think it will be a pilot, definitely. I believe you are allowed into the transition from the Army basic training, such as target shooting. I admire your confidence in the army to join in spite of a bad eye, but I do not think that he should participate.

Teegan said...

Probably not

Post a Comment